Places To Play Pickleball in Albany, Oregon
GREAT NEWS!!! OUR NEW ALBANY/LBCC PICKLEBALL COURTS AT LINN-BENTON COMMUNITY COLLEGE ARE NOW OPEN FOR BOTH CLUB AND PUBLIC PLAY!
Albany/LBCC Pickleball Courts 6500 Pacific Blvd SW, Albany, OR https://goo.gl/maps/AchaAjppaJWjUt7S8
LINN-BENTON PICKLEBALL COURTS:
The Albany Pickleball Club has paid to reserve courts 1-6 for club play. We provide liability insurance for the City and LBCC and also secondary injury insurance for club members during club activities. Non-members are always welcome with a $3 drop-in fee. We have loaner paddles and will be glad to help anyone get started.
The Board has again negotiated winter (2021/2022) play times at the Albany Tennis Club.APC Play Times at ATC – Also open to the public. $60 punch card is good for these times.
– Mon/Wed/Fri 10AM to 1PM
– Tues/Thurs 6:15PM to 9PM
– Sun 2PM to 5PM
- Winter Pickleball membership to run from October 15th to April 30th
- ATC Pickleball membership cost is $260 + $20 setup fee for the General Public
- APC members not previously registered at ATC will be charged $240 +$20 setup fee.
- Returning APC members from last year will be charged $225 if enrolled by Nov.1st.
- Punch cards for 10 plays is $60 +$20 one time setup fee. Only good for APC reserved times.
- Drop-in fee during club times is $10.For more information you can contact Darryl Kealy at ATC (503) 449-5370 or email Jim at email@example.com
Six Pickleball Venues!
We are lucky to have six pickleball venues in Albany, OR and the surrounding area. The long anticipated opening of 8 new dedicated courts and 4 temporary courts at LBCC, which should come on line the spring of 2021, if COVID restrictions allow. (See our blog for posts about status of the new courts)
The Hackleman Pickleball Courts will remain an option for play after the new Albany/LBCC Courts are opened although we don’t know the level of maintenance for these older courts.
In the past we used the Albany Boys and Girls Club in the winter but due to COVID the that facility has not been available. The Board has worked with the Albany Tennis Club to get scheduled play during the winter. Many people played outdoors all winter due to Covid. There is also play at the G3 Athletic Club in Corvallis and Timberhill Athletic Club. The YMCA also has pickleball play.
Hackleman Pickleball Courts
There is no organized play at Hackleman but it is still open and can be used by anyone although there are still cracks and nets are not optimum.
Albany Tennis Club: 1423 27th Ave SW, 541-926-2513
- New outdoor surfacing and pickleball court lines!
- 4 indoor courts with outdoor surfacing
- 4 outdoor tennis courts
- Contact them for more information
- 6 new outdoor pickleball courts and a clubhouse!
- Check for latest schedule!
- M-F is open for all levels from 9am – NOON. As of now players are coming in with their own groups of 4. Courts are open throughout the day and evening but if you want to play past 5pm please call G3 to make sure courts are being used for other activities.
- Cost is $50 for 11 visits on the Pickleball Punch Card or $5 for 1 time. Courts are first come first serve.
Albany YMCA, 3201 Pacific Blvd. SW, (541) 926-4488
$15 per one drop-in play. This cost is primarily due to limitations in the security capabilities at the YMCA at this time. They are unable to limit the movement between venues at the club so they need to charge this level to ensure that they are compensated for any and all potential usage of their club.
Corvallis Pickleball Website (http://picklero.wix.com/corvallis-pickleball)
Lots of information about Corvallis Pickleball either indoors at the Timberhill Athletic Club or outdoors at the 8 court venue at Adams school on Philomath Blvd. Play is free at Adams. They also have a Doodle Board for the outdoor play, weather permitting.
- M / W / F / SAT – 10am – 1pm is beginner / Intermediate play. There has been about 2 to 3 courts going each day for the last few months.
- T / TH / SUN – 9am – NOON – Advanced play / As the weather turns we are expecting to have 2 to 4 courts going each day.
- Cost is $70 for a Pickleball Punch Card with 11 visits OR being a ACTIVE Timberhill Member.
Albany Boys & Girls Club – Boys & Girls Club New Gym: Albany Boys and Girls Club 1215 Hill St. Albany, OR 97322 –
*** The city has not opened the Boys & Girls Club for Winter 2021/2022 play. There is not timeline yet.
– Mon/Wed/Fri 9-Noon – Drop-in Fee for non-members: $3
– Remember, if school is out there is no play.
— Play at the Albany Boys & Girls Club through the winter.(3 courts) M/W/F 9-Noon. $3 drop-in, $2 with $20 punch card.
– Indoor play in the new building at the Boys & Girls Club, one of the Albany Parks and Rec employees will enter the building and open up the courts and the storeroom with the equipment. Everyone else should enter the door into the courts on the SE corner of the building, NOT the front doors. If the door is not ajar, knock loudly. Also, please wipe your feet dry before walking on the courts.