Places To Play Pickleball in Albany, Oregon
We are lucky to have six pickleball venues in Albany, OR and the surrounding area. The long anticipated opening of 8 new dedicated courts and 4 temporary courts at LBCC, which should come on line the spring of 2021, if COVID restrictions allow. (See our blog for posts about status of the new courts) Hackleman Pickleball Courts should also remain an option although we don’t know the level of maintenance for these older courts. In the past we used the Albany Boys and Girls Club in the winter but due to COVID the that facility is not available. The Board has worked with the Albany Tennis Club to get scheduled play during the winter. There is also play at the G3 Athletic Club in Corvallis and Timberhill Athletic Club. The YMCA also has pickleball play.
Albany Tennis Club options for 2020
- 4 indoor courts with outdoor surfacing
- Mon-Fri 9-12 – Social Play
- Tues & Thurs 9-12 – More aggressive play
- Group Play will also be offered evenings and weekends
- 2 options for fees (See below)
ATC has four indoor pickleball courts that will be available for unlimited social play from 9am to 12noon Monday through Friday with Tuesday and Thursdays being open for more aggressive play. Group play will also be offered evenings and weekends. Winter members will be able to reserve court time anytime the courts are not already reserved for events or teaching (e.g. after school tennis classes, tournaments). Depending on demand, restrictions on the number of weekly reservations per member could be necessary, although unlikely. Covid-19 protocols require that all players pre-register for events or open court time using the ATC reservation system before coming to the club. Currently there is no requirement to wear a mask when actively playing pickleball but other restrictions such as the number of individuals that can attend at any one time may be necessary.
Option 1. Six month ATC Winter Membership (Best value)
- Price: $240 for APC members, $260 for non-members
- Valid for all member privileges with play restricted to pickleball
- Valid from November 1 through April 30.
- Member will get a key card for entry
- Access to reservation system
- Unlimited weekly pickleball play
- Member can bring guests ($10 guest fee)
- A limited number of these memberships will be sold
Option 2. Punch Card (virtual) for Group Play
- Price: $60 for 10 plays with a one-time $20 activation fee
- Access to online reservation system
- Punch cards expire April 30th.
- Can be renewed online
- Limited to regularly scheduled group play (e.g. weekday mornings)
- M-F is open for all levels from 9am – NOON. As of now players are coming in with their own groups of 4. Courts are open throughout the day and evening but if you want to play past 5pm please call G3 to make sure courts are being used for other activities.
- Cost is $50 for 11 visits on the Pickleball Punch Card or $5 for 1 time. Courts are first come first serve.
Albany YMCA, 3201 Pacific Blvd. SW, (541) 926-4488
$15 per one drop-in play. This cost is primarily due to limitations in the security capabilities at the YMCA at this time. They are unable to limit the movement between venues at the club so they need to charge this level to ensure that they are compensated for any and all potential usage of their club.
Corvallis Pickleball Website (http://picklero.wix.com/corvallis-pickleball)
Lots of information about Corvallis Pickleball either indoors at the Timberhill Athletic Club or outdoors at the 8 court venue at Adams school on Philomath Blvd. Play is free at Adams. They also have a Doodle Board for the outdoor play, weather permitting.
- M / W / F / SAT – 10am – 1pm is beginner / Intermediate play. There has been about 2 to 3 courts going each day for the last few months.
- T / TH / SUN – 9am – NOON – Advanced play / As the weather turns we are expecting to have 2 to 4 courts going each day.
- Cost is $70 for a Pickleball Punch Card with 11 visits OR being a ACTIVE Timberhill Member.
Boys & Girls Club – October through May
NO PLAY Due to COVID – schools are using distance learning and the B&GC is set up for day care. At this point distance learning has been extended through December.
– Mon/Wed/Fri 9-Noon – Drop-in Fee for non-members: $3
– Remember, if school is out there is no play.
— Play at the Albany Boys & Girls Club through the winter.
Doodle Signup: https://doodle.com/gx6iav8vzs6zpxvh
Hackleman Pickleball Courts: Play at The Hackleman Pickleball Courts is generally June after school lets out till October rains. During shoulder season there will be play at Hackleman on nicer days.
Doodle Signup: https://doodle.com/gx6iav8vzs6zpxvh
(This Doodle is also used from indoor play at the Boys and Girls Club during the winter.)
Eleanor Hackleman Park 654 Pine St SE, Albany, OR (See Map Below)
Winter – Albany Boys & Girls Club – Boys & Girls Club New Gym: Albany Boys and Girls Club 1215 Hill St. Albany, OR 97322
(3 courts) M/W/F 9-Noon. $3 drop-in, $2 with $20 punch card.
– Indoor play in the new building at the Boys & Girls Club, one of the Albany Parks and Rec employees will enter the building and open up the courts and the storeroom with the equipment. Everyone else should enter the door into the courts on the SE corner of the building, NOT the front doors. If the door is not ajar, knock loudly. Also, please wipe your feet dry before walking on the courts.
****The Boys and Girls Club has changed the traffic flow patterns in their parking lot. In general use the 2nd entrance on Hill St and go around the main building to the left and then go around the new gym to the right to get to the pickleball gym door. See below: