Places To Play Pickleball in Albany, Oregon
SUMMER ORGANIZED CLUB PLAY BEGINS MAY 1, 2021 AT THE HACKLEMAN PICKLEBALL COURTS
6 Pickleball Venues!
We are lucky to have six pickleball venues in Albany, OR and the surrounding area. The long anticipated opening of 8 new dedicated courts and 4 temporary courts at LBCC, which should come on line the spring of 2021, if COVID restrictions allow. (See our blog for posts about status of the new courts)
The Hackleman Pickleball Courts will remain an option for play after the new Albany/LBCC Courts are opened although we don’t know the level of maintenance for these older courts.
In the past we used the Albany Boys and Girls Club in the winter but due to COVID the that facility has not been available. The Board has worked with the Albany Tennis Club to get scheduled play during the winter. Many people played outdoors all winter due to Covid. There is also play at the G3 Athletic Club in Corvallis and Timberhill Athletic Club. The YMCA also has pickleball play.
Albany Tennis Club options for 2021.
- 4 indoor courts with outdoor surfacing
- 4 outdoor courts
- Punch card and short term memberships for APC members ends June 1.
- Albany Tennis Club membership left are available and includes pickleball
- Contact them for more information
- M-F is open for all levels from 9am – NOON. As of now players are coming in with their own groups of 4. Courts are open throughout the day and evening but if you want to play past 5pm please call G3 to make sure courts are being used for other activities.
- Cost is $50 for 11 visits on the Pickleball Punch Card or $5 for 1 time. Courts are first come first serve.
Albany YMCA, 3201 Pacific Blvd. SW, (541) 926-4488
$15 per one drop-in play. This cost is primarily due to limitations in the security capabilities at the YMCA at this time. They are unable to limit the movement between venues at the club so they need to charge this level to ensure that they are compensated for any and all potential usage of their club.
Corvallis Pickleball Website (http://picklero.wix.com/corvallis-pickleball)
Lots of information about Corvallis Pickleball either indoors at the Timberhill Athletic Club or outdoors at the 8 court venue at Adams school on Philomath Blvd. Play is free at Adams. They also have a Doodle Board for the outdoor play, weather permitting.
- M / W / F / SAT – 10am – 1pm is beginner / Intermediate play. There has been about 2 to 3 courts going each day for the last few months.
- T / TH / SUN – 9am – NOON – Advanced play / As the weather turns we are expecting to have 2 to 4 courts going each day.
- Cost is $70 for a Pickleball Punch Card with 11 visits OR being a ACTIVE Timberhill Member.
Winter – Albany Boys & Girls Club – Boys & Girls Club New Gym: Albany Boys and Girls Club 1215 Hill St. Albany, OR 97322 – October through April/May
NO PLAY Due to COVID – schools are using distance learning and the B&GC is set up for day care.
– Mon/Wed/Fri 9-Noon – Drop-in Fee for non-members: $3
– Remember, if school is out there is no play.
— Play at the Albany Boys & Girls Club through the winter.(3 courts) M/W/F 9-Noon. $3 drop-in, $2 with $20 punch card.
– Indoor play in the new building at the Boys & Girls Club, one of the Albany Parks and Rec employees will enter the building and open up the courts and the storeroom with the equipment. Everyone else should enter the door into the courts on the SE corner of the building, NOT the front doors. If the door is not ajar, knock loudly. Also, please wipe your feet dry before walking on the courts.